Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Visit with Grandma Trish and Halloween

In October, a week after Thanksgiving, (Canadian Thanksgiving) I decided to take a drive with my baby girl down to visit my Mom! I planned the drive down so that we would leave in the evening and I would drive as far as I could and since it was coming on bedtime Z would get tired and sleep for most the night. Well as you fellow parents know, when u plan things it never goes as planned. It was fine until I was almost to Helena and it got dark and Z was still awake and she started crying and crying and would not stop. I would pull over and tuck her in and give her her binky and get her to calm down. I put a movie on for her and started driving again but then to keep herself awake she would pull her binky out and throw it. Over and over again until finally I just decided to ignor her so she would fall asleep. Nope. Screaming, and I am trying to drive and help her but it was dark and there were tons of deer so guess what happened?! I had a breakdown. I was crying, pulled over, bawling to Chase and my Dad on the phone and I couldn't get her to stop. So we stopped in Helena and got a hotel, not in the budget but necessary for my survival.
The next morning we were on the road and she did fine and we made it all in one piece. :)




Grandmas piano was the most fun toy







She couldn't get enough of it.



I got to see my cousins and their babies. It was so awesome!




Playing with her cousins!







Getting ready for bed with Grandma and Grandpa.



Bathtime at Grandmas!



We took a roadtrip on the weekend to Evanston to see Joni and it just so happened that JIm and Leslie were in utah so we stopped and saw them and had lunch!

Jim is weird...


Took a little time out to play before we continued our travels. We loved seeing Aunty Leslie and Tralee and Hunter!



We made it to Evanston and Joni and I went to visit my good friend Jake!



Aunty Joni was so happy to see Zayah... we were excited too!!

Aunt Donna was in town too!


She loved Grandmas luv sac


At Grandmas she started standing on her own more and more..

My big girl.. :)


Helping Grandma play her song...


The next week after we got back was Halloween so of course we had to prepare by carving our pumpkins!



She didn't carve, she just colored and she barely cared about doing that..


Cutest pumpkin in the patch if you ask me!!!


I bought Zayah's Halloween costume way back in August. It was the first week that I saw Halloween Costumes on the racks at stores and I couldn't resist.



And I also got Beverley a pumpkin outfit too... :)


Trick or Treating at Grandma and Grandpas



Then we went over and trick or treated at Grammy J's!


Going around at the Trunk or Treat!


It was a little cold but we had fun and she didn't cry once!


At the end of the night we sorted her loot!!!


A successful Halloween if you ask me!



0 comments: