Tuesday, February 28, 2012

November

Our November was super exciting and sad at the same time. Zayah took her first steps in November(9 and a half months) and was excited about it for about a week!!




I just threw this pic from November in because its so cute and funny. She grabbed her book and crawled up on Chase's chair and pretended she was reading. It was so cute.


Then, she started getting really whiny and less active. She would just lay on the floor and rub her head against the rug. i took her temperature and gave her some medicine and sent her to bed. The next day she was the same and I was getting worried so i made an appointment and took her to town. Turns out she had a double ear infection and a throat infection. My poor baby girl. She was put on antibiotics. Chase came home the next day so that was good.



So sick, she just wanted to be held and sleep. Which is nice don't get me wrong but sad to watch my active little baby so blah.


Story time with Dad.


Then, after we thought things were getting better and she was doing good, I noticed some dry patches on her belly. Didn't act on it right away, we just watched it for a while.

Turns out we didn't have to watch it for too long because it started to spread up her belly to her chest and then of course I got worried again. So we took her back to the doctor and turns out.......................................


She had an allergic reaction to penicillin!!

Ugh, so frustrating. So we changed her antibiotics and that day I swore we would not do antibiotics again. Just drops in the ear and humidifiers and any other natural remedies we come across. Too stressfull.



Not too long after she was back to my happy Baby Girl.


I guess we need to get over those humps so its kind of a good thing. Now I will know what to watch for.





1 comments:

Leslie said...

I have some essential oils to help with ear infections (just put a few drops on a cotton ball and stick it in the ears). They work!! Are you coming to Maui? If so, I'll give you some then!! :)