Tuesday, February 28, 2012

December: 3 years and Christmas with our baby girl!

December started off with me leaving Z for the first time overnight. I went to Vegas for my half marathon(see next post) and I left her with Chase for his weekend off. 4 days away from my baby girl when she was10 months. I was super worried but all in all it was so good. Chase was super excited and is convinced that he should be a stay at home Dad. :)


I missed her really bad one of the nights but Chase sent me pictures and videos and I was so busy with family that it all worked out.





December 18th is our Anniversary. We had plans with some friends to go up to Calgary and see the Zoo Christmas lights with our babies! So we got a hotel and during the day we swam.



The pool was a little too cold for the babies liking but we still managed to have fun.




Chase and Kenny have been best friends since like grade 9 or 10 or something like that. And they both had babies 7 weeks from each other. These are them with their baby girls!






Chase and Z on the waterslides!


Playing in the water with our baby girl!



Z and I watersliding!




Bathing the babes after the pool... cuties if you ask me!


We got ready and went to dinner. After dinner we headed out to the Zoo!!




All bundled up at the zoo looking at all the Christmas Lights at the Zoo!



The tunnel of love! :)



Z and I, Jessica and Taylor, and Mandy and Coadee. Girlfriends and their babies.

After we were done at the zoo we sent Zayah with Mandy(she lives just outside Calgary) and she went for a sleepover so Chase and I could have a night away for our Anniversary! We went for drinks, we gambled a little, and basically just relaxed alone together. it was good.



3 years of marriage.. and I still kinda like hime... ;)


Zayah's first Christmas was coming up fast but Chase and I were very prepared! We bought her presents in November and split them ujp so we could give half of them at Christmas and half of them at her birthday.


We got her first picture with Santa! She didn't cry at all!


We got her a 'Baby's first Christmas' stocking with her name on it.


And on Christmas Eve we put out all her stocking and Santa gifts. I was so excited I may have went a little overboard with the gifts but that's what Moms are for right?!



Christmas morning!!!! So happy!!! we had Christmas breakfast and then dug in on the presents!!!!



Dad still makes us all line up on the stairs for pictures like we are anxiously awaiting to get to our presents! And if we're being honest we all were anxious, we are still little kids at heart. :)



Seeing her toys from SANTA!!!!



Her first little car!!!



Helping her get through her stocking...





Grandpa playing with her toys with her...


Aunty Chan and Zayah being silly girls!


Aunty Nikki helping her open her present she got her!


Grandma opening some presents with Z too!


Zayah's first Christmas Loot!!!!


There was some drama on the morning of Christmas Eve but I decided not to post pics. People at my Dads house woke up with water flooding their basement. We got called over to come help and we were ripping up carpet and hauling out wet underlay, using wet dry vacs to suck up the water, Dad and Chase were fixing the pump. It was a mess. So we moved Christmas upstairs and it all worked out it just put a little damper on our holidays, just for a few hours. We showerede, got ready, and moved on with our Christmas Eve festivities.


Christmas with Zayah was so fun! I can't wait to do that every year!



1 comments:

Cathy said...

Zayah is such a doll! Cute cute cute!