Tuesday, July 12, 2011

CANADA DAY!!!!!!!

Canada Day is on July 1st and we always celebrate big!! Plus this was Zayah's first Canada Day and her Aunty Leslie had made her a very festive outfit!



Our little fam on Canada Day!


I found this maple leaf headband just days before Canada Day and wanted it for some pictures with Z.


Adorable if you ask me.



Then we switched to the white headband and maple leaf clips. Maple leaf clips also made by Aunt Leslie!



Nikki gave me a Canada pedicure.


Every July 1st at the Mountain View Church they have a program, then we go over to the school for some races and games for all ages, with prizes and fun! This is Joni and Eli at the program.


My Dad was in charge of the program this year and wanted it to be simple, acoustic, about the area, but also fun. This is the Lee kids singing 'Whacka Do' and Henry did awesome singing!


Sue sang a song from the musical 'Wicked' and she did so good as well!! I liked this song!


My Dad sang 'Then They Do' by Trace Atkins. He changed the words a little at one part to talk about Joni and her boyfriend and I was up on stage helping with harmony. We were all bawling our eyes out! haha


Joni and I were the closing number and we sang 'The House that Built Me' by Miranda Lambert. I love Love LOVE this song!


There were about 3 other numbers on the program. Some of Dads old bandmates did some numbers with their kids and by themselves. We got a lot of good feedback about it.


We made it over to the races. Colleen and Tralee had so much fun playing Together as Friends! haha





Joni and Colleen decided to have their own race back at the house.



That evening we did some fishing.






hahah silly Colleen.



Dan patiently waiting for that bite!



Love this picture of my Dad.



After fishing it was back to the yard for a weeny roast and Fireworks!

We watched the fireworks and then headed to bed not too long after. Also in town this trip was my Aunt Venice and Aunt Sherry (Dads sisters). They were staying with Grandma and came out to join us at teh fires and such. It was a great Canada Day! Happy 144th Canada!




1 comments:

Leslie Jacobs said...

Aunt Leslie sounds AWESOME!!! (Hardy har har.) I really love that pic you took of Ross fishing. Nice work! And Zayah would still look cute if you put her in a potato sack.