Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A month already....

Zayah Mae is a month old already.... a month?

Some things about our little girl

- Zayah has been trying to hold her head up ever since she was a week old and she does it now on a regular basis. She will hold it up when she is being burped or when you lay her on your chest. She likes to look up at you, which I love.

- She has her eyes open a lot. She looks around at things and smiles at things.

- I think she is starting to see us and objects better because her little smile comes out a lot. She smiled at her mobile on her swing, she smiled when I talk to her and try to get her to focus on me, and she smiles sometimes just sitting by herself staring at the couch. We LOVE when it happens.

- She poops a lot. She has pooped while I have been changing her diaper twice and peed while I was changing her diaper too. She did pee on her Daddy once too which was hilarious. I just laugh when it happens because it actually is kind of funny.

- She is sleeping SOOOO well! A bad night for us is her waking up every 3 hours to eat. I can usually feed her for the last time at around 11:30 or 12 and then i don't get up with her again until 5:30 at the earliest. One day it was 8:15, sometimes its 6:30. Then I will feed her again and she goes back to bed for another 3 or 4 hours. We usually don't get out of bed until around 10:00am or 10:30. Love that.

- Chase got her to giggle the other day. three times in a row, we laughed and laughed.

- Zayah was blessed on February 27, 2010 by her Grandpa Ross with her Papa Bevans, Uncles, Great Uncles, and Great Grandpa standing in her circle. She looked beautiful.

- She talks a lot. She is always sighing, or cooing, or grunting, or fussing... just as long as she can hear her own voice.

- She has started using her legs and pushes against us with them. She really is a strong baby.

- She is getting chubby, which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!! Kind of makes me sad she is getting big but I can't resist chubby cheeks.


Zayah Mae, Mama can't even remember what life was like without you. Your Dad and I love you more than anything.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Love all the info. She's such a cutie pie! Ah. . . I remember how great it was when Tralee was a little baby and I could stay in bed snuggling, nursing, reading to her, and just staring at her until the late morning. Enjoy every minute of it!

The Hunt's said...

So cute Cammi!! Bode is starting to smile a little bit too, it makes my whole heart smile with him. It sounds like you guys are enjoying every moment, so awesome.

Joni said...

Thanks for making me bawl. I can't wait to hang out with her.