Friday, August 20, 2010

overdue posting

Its been a long time since I have posted a blog. I don't even know what I have been up to. So here is an update on us. Chase is still working building and tearing down scaffolds at a gas plant out near Pincher Creek and Waterton. He usually works 9 or 10 days in a row with 4 days off, but right now he is working a 15 day stretch and then will have the Labor Day weekend off. I hate long stretches of work when he is gone.

I am now 18 weeks pregnant. I wish I could say I was further along, I feel like I've been pregnant forever. A couple weeks after my last post I felt less queasy all the time and only threw up because I would gag on things. I gag after I brush my teeth and I gag on my own mucous, (totally gross, I try to get my loogies out all day long). I still gag on those things to this day but I have not thrown up in weeks, almost 3 now.

I cry at lots of commercials, random tv shows, pretty much whenever I see someone else crying on tv or in real life, I cry. :) Chase always leans forward when we are watching a movie to see if I am tearing if the movie is at a sad part. I've gained weight, I have a belly bump. I have not had any weird cravings, I just like to eat in general and sometimes I forget to eat lunch and then I feel sooooo sick by dinnertime. I don't know why I forget, but I have a couple times and hunger pains when you are pregnant are intensified by like 20. Super uncomfortable.

In 2 weeks I will be halfway through the pregnancy! WHOOP WHOOP! On Sept 7th we have our ultrasound to find out what we are having (if baby lets us). Chase is convinced its a boy, lots of other people are convinced its a girl. I have had no feeling either way as to what baby is. Some weeks I am telling a story and call the baby a 'she' and the next week its a 'he'. So who knows.

I have not felt baby move yet. I am waiting for that to happen but am not really excited to feel it. Let me explain. I get uneasy between doctors visits. I don't like that I can't feel baby move because I want to know that baby is ok, and when I don't feel the baby I feel nervous that something is wrong. I LOVED hearing the heartbeat, that was such a relief. But I have never been a big fan of pregnancy and think its totally weird when babies move around inside peoples bellies. Gross. I will feel relieved when I finally feel it, but I hope it doesn't gross me out too much. I've tried to tell people for years, I wasn't meant to have kids, nothing about being pregnant appeals to me, I'll be happy when baby is finally here, even if I do lose sleep. Lots of ladies tell me to cherish this time and that they LOVED when they felt their babies move. I hope I love it, right now the thought of it grosses me right out. haha... We'll see if that changes.

That is all I can think of for now. I am going to take some baby belly pics this week so I have some documentation of when I was pregnant. And when we find out what baby is I will let you know!

Until next time........

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I can't wait to see what you guys are having!!! I'm leaning more towards girl, but I'm usually wrong. Do you have an official due date yet? What about names? I'm SO EXCITED!!! For me, feeling the baby move was the first time I really felt pregnant. I didn't feel Tralee until around 20 weeks, I felt Hunter WAY earlier, like around 15 or 16 weeks, but I carried both kids different. Tralee higher, Hunter lower. After feeling them move, I totally did what you said, worried if baby was okay because I didn't feel movement. Sometimes I would poke my belly just to be sure. Usually the kids would poke back. Probably saying, "Geeze Mom! What did you do that for? I was sleeping!" I can't wait to see what you think about feeling the movement. Sorry about the long comment, I just can't wait to hear more freakin' baby news!!! So excited!!

The Hunt's said...

oh you will not be grossed out. it really is spectacular. and i am with you on pregnancy. it is NOT a pleasant, enjoyable 10 months...but the reward, oh the reward cammi! THAT is the best. Can't wait to see what's cooking in there!

Tamra said...

I think I felt a little like that with my first pregnancy. I felt like an alien. Another human growing inside you is a weird concept, but like everyone says, it will all be worth it. Plus, it becomes kinda cool to watch your belly start to move around. Try to enjoy it! :) Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Croslands said...

oooh i was hoping to tune in and find out what you are having. looks like i'll be checking back in next week. don't forget to post about it. it's way too exciting! i'm so happy bor you but a little sad that you've been so pukey. yuck.