Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Job/New Routine

Well I am a little behind on this post because I have been at my new job since February 16th.
In January I replied to an ad in the paper for an Inventory Clerk for Varsteel Ltd. I was desperate, I needed a job! Well I never heard back so I asked my friend Shannon(who works at Boston Pizza) if they had any openings. They did and I got hired on that week and started hostessing and serving for Boston Pizza. Well my FIRST serving shift, I have this message on my phone from Varsteel telling me that the Inventory Clerk position got filled internally but that there was an Office Administrator position open that they thought I would be perfect for.
WHY DOES THAT ALWAYS HAPPEN!?!? Don't get me wrong I am so appreciative of the phone call because serving is not my dream profession, but bad timing on their part. I had just started a new job, JUST started! Well I couldn't pass up the opportunity so I went in for an interview and met with them. They were so cool and the interview was very chill and I just chatted with them about my duties in past jobs and they didn't ask any hard questions or anything. They told me they had a couple more people to interview and then they would let all the candidates know by the next day.

Well, that night I'm eating dinner not long after 5 o'clock and my phone rings. It was Varsteel! She told me that I had a very successful interview and they would like to offer me the position!! OH MAN!!! Well I took it! Its salary and its Mon-Fri, 8:ooam - 5:00pm and I will be doing things in this office that apply to what I went to school for. So I finished out my shifts at Boston Pizza and I started there as soon as I could!

I have been here about 3 weeks now and its been going great! There has been a lot of catching up before I got to learn my actual duties because the girl in my position before me was Very far behind. So I filed everything away, made new files and got everything in place. Now I have learned the invoice posting and will soon be learning more receivables and all about their check runs! Its a wonderful thing!!

So now a days my routine is something like this everyday:

- Wake up at 7:15am to get ready for work and be there by 8:00am
- 2:00pm I take all the bank deposits out for the branch and then go on a late lunch(which I LOVE!)
- get back to work about 3:30 and work until 5:00pm
- Go home and go running with Chase around Nicolas Sheron Park (unless its wednesday, then i get ready for Volleyball night)
- Make Dinner and watch my shows until I shower and go to bed about 10:00pm ish depending on how late my show goes or how tired I am.
I dont even have to feed the dogs or clean up their poop anymore!! Chase does it all now that I am working!! I mean I still have to clean the rest of the house, but I'm okay with that!!

New Job, New Routine = Lovin' it!

4 comments:

Karlene said...

yaaaa. I luv going walking/running with karim, it's suck a great thing to do to together!

Leslie said...

Sounds like a great day! Makes me miss working a little bit. . . . just a little bit. :)

Leslie said...

Oh. . . when I say working, I mean out-of-the-home working. Being a SAHM is work too. . . just to clarify. :)

Croslands said...

Hooray for you! Sounds awesome! You know you are joining the old married crowd when you go to bed at 10:00! Welcome to the club.