Saturday, February 7, 2009

My last day with Mom...











Today with my Mom was awesome. She got to go home for the day to your own house so we went over and had a visit. Before we went there Jim, Leslie, Tralee, and I went to Mom's work and visited with her co-workers. They were making her a quilt today as part of a fundraiser on Mom's behalf.
When we went to go see Mom she was sleeping so we let her rest and just hung out for a bit. She woke up and Jim and I took her for a walk around her yard. She remembered that they used to have cows and that they killed them because they kept getting out of the yard. She recognized her grape vines and her apple trees. She was so relaxed and comfortable.
She watched Tralee dance around the living room and even sang along with us as we sang songs that Tralee knew. She smiled a lot today so in turn we all smiled a lot today.
The hardest part was saying goodbye. Both times I have seen Mom since her accident I didn't cry until I had to say goodbye. I know I will see her again, thats not the issue, I just don't like being so far away and feeling so helpless.
This week has been awesome but tomorrow I get to see my husband again and I am SOOO excited. I am also taking home a new addition to our family. I am taking home a puppy with me. We already have a chocolate lab that is about six months old but now I am bringing home a mutt that is only two months. It is a Border Collie/Labrador on its moms side and a Great Dane/English Mastiff on its fathers side. Its so cute and its going to be a handful but I just couldnt resist!!
Until Next time....


0 comments: